Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sailing to Cuba...Hola!




Hola amigos y amigas and Welcome aboard. This blog is about sailing to Cuba. I've now made two voyages, in 2009 and 2011, during which I explored the entire north coast. I will be returning to Cuba this winter to explore the south coast, and to complete a circumnavigation of this amazing island.
Keep a watch here as I post photos, stories and other information from my first two trips. You can expect updates every couple of days, so sign up to keep abreast of what's going on.
If you're really eager, you can download my video at http://www.thesailingchannel.tv/cuba, or read the articles I've written on Cuba for SAIL Magazine.
If you are planning on visiting Cuba by boat, contact me directly and I'll advise you on how to go about it. Thus far, I've been able to assist captains of boats from 31 feet to 125 feet, with a variety of registrations, including American.

2 comments:

sleepless619 said...

Hello,

I'm planning on traveling to Cuba next winter with a professor for research purposes. My professor has an adamant fear of flying, so we were hoping to either charter a trip or rent a boat. I was wondering if the 95 nm journey would be possible with a 25' fishing boat. I'm also wondering how to go about docking it (of course only if it is possible with such a boat).

Thank you
James

Wally Moran said...

Readers, I sent James a private reply some time ago, but haven't heard back from him....essentially, I told him that the boat he proposes going in is too small - and that if he has to ask about docking, he doesn't have the requisite experience....Hopefully, he and the professor (are Maryann and Ginger coming along too?) have made other plans!